Saturday, November 20, 2004

List Number 2

List Number 2

More things I have learned…

1. I must drink more water. “If I don’t pee white, then I’m a frightful sight.”
2. Light switches go up for off and down for on. A big thanks to the Brits for my continually turning the wrong things on.
3. In regards to item #1, I’ve realized that my necessity for water, and my contant ingestion of spicey foods is something akin to mixing a quart of 10 W 30 with a Litre of Evian. See how that mixes.
4. If it is dark, I can be mistaken for a native. This is due in part to my trendy beard. Now I need only work on my tan… AKA my disguise.
5. Pursuant to items numbers 1 and 3, I am going through toilet paper at an alarming rate.
6. In Canada, I could have counted how often I took a cold shower in my life. Here, it is a daily occurrence.
7. Rain is an event.
8. This town is woefully unprepared for rain. A light drizzle has led to two foot deep puddles and roads washed out.
9. It doesn’t take you long to adapt, to forget you’re on the other side of the world. Then you see a camel.
10. The idea that a Canadian is here voluntarily is proportionately just as hilarious to people over here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home